$82,220 earning potential
High-end Earners in
North Carolina ( Top 10% )
median annual wage
median hourly wage
- Inspect components of industrial equipment for accurate assembly and installation or for defects, such as loose connections or frayed wires.
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
- Examine work orders and talk with equipment operators to find out about equipment problems and about whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests
- Calibrate testing instruments and installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications
- Repair or adjust equipment, machines, or defective components and replace worn parts such as gaskets or seals
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment, to detect and prevent problems
- Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, or other specifications to determine installation procedures
North Carolina Job Outlook
Average annual job openings
Number of jobs by 2028
Expected growth from 2023 to 2028